I wouldn't be a book nerd if I didn't have an entire pile of books in every corner. There are titles that I want to get to and haven't. Titles haven't reread in ages. So, what is my most treasured book or books?
I can't really pick a favorite, but these are well-worn titles that hold a special place in my heart.
1. Charlotte's Web. I have had it for years and kept it so I could read to maya and soon they will be passed on to the boys
2. Mansfield Park- Ahh Fanny Price, how I love thee. I can never seem to get enough of this girl.
3. Jane Eyre- My favorite gothic novel. I've read it more than 10 times and when I'm feeling in the mood I pick it up and re-read. It's especially good on a rainy spring day.
4. Three Cups of Tea-this is pretty much who I want to be. This man learnt so much about being a teacher, being an outsider and learning to respect other cultures
5. No Logo- I have the original copy signed by Naomi Klein whom I met at her at a Book Signing. She's kind of my hipster-activist spirit animal. A girl who believed you can never be too young or too old to fight the Man. The only female journalist allowed into Fallujah and one of a few Jewish journalists respected by Palestinian and other Muslim activists. I can drown on about why I love these titles.